Looking for places to submit your work? Submittable recently released the Discover feature, enabling you to view upcoming creative deadlines, as well as search for opportunities by date, genre, and over 100 tags. This feature is free and available for all users of Submittable. (Note: If you are part of an organization that would like to have its calls included in Discover, go to Categories, and click the name of the category you'd like to include. On the General Settings tab, check the 'Promote' checkbox.)
To use the Discover feature, follow these steps:
1. Sign in to your Submittable account. If you only use Submittable for personal submissions, you can automatically select Discover in the top left-hand corner of your screen. If you are a submitter and also part of an organization, click on your name in the top right-hand corner of the screen. Under USER ACCOUNT, choose Submissions (or Settings, if you haven’t yet made any submissions). Click Discover on the top left of your screen.
2. In Discover, you'll see opportunities in all categories with deadlines from today onward. You can scroll through the most immediate 100 deadlines. At the bottom of the page, select next to continue searching all opportunities.
3. Click on any call to find out more. In the details page, you’ll see information about the call, including guidelines and any submission fees. Click Submit to go directly to the organization’s submissions page. You can also access their Website or Follow them, to bookmark the organization within your Submittable account (see Step 7 for more info).
Continue to search opportunities by selecting NEXT in the upper right-hand corner. At the bottom of each call, you’ll see which tags, or labels, have been applied to it. Click on any tag to see similar opportunities. Select the X in the top right or click anywhere outside the details screen to exit this view.
4. To filter opportunities by genre, select ALL AREAS and then your preferred opportunity type, such as POETRY or SOUND. To clear this filter, click the X by the opportunity type.
5. You can also filter by one or more of 100 tags, such as dance, LGBTQIA, parenting, or screenwriting. If you have a tag in mind, just start typing – if the tag exists, it will automatically appear. You can remove tags individually from your search by selecting the X in the tag itself, or remove all tags by clicking the X at the far right of search bar.
6. To view calls starting from a specific deadline, click Jump to below the search bar and select a date.
7. Once you’ve begun following organizations with open calls (see Step 3 above), access your saved opportunities by clicking the Following Only button to the right of the search bar. You can also go to your Following page to see all of the organizations you're following. Click on any organization to see their upcoming calls.
8. To clear all filters from your search, click the Clear filters button.
9. Toggle anytime between DISCOVER, FOLLOWING, and SUBMISSIONS from the top left of your screen.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.