Looking for places to submit your work? Submittable's Discover feature enables you to view upcoming creative deadlines, as well as search for opportunities by date and over 150 tags, or search terms. This feature is free and available for anyone with a Submittable account. (Note: If you are part of an organization that would like to have its calls included in Discover, go to Categories, and click the name of the category you'd like to include. On the General Settings tab, add at least one tag in the Join Discover dropdown menu.)
To use the Discover feature, follow these steps:
1. Go to www.submittable.com/discover and sign in or create a Submittable account.
2. In Discover, you'll see a list of opportunities that have no deadlines, followed by opportunities with deadlines from today onward. At the bottom of the page, select next to continue searching all opportunities.
3. Click on any call to find out more. In the details page, you’ll see information about the call, including guidelines and any submission fees. Click Submit to go directly to the organization’s submissions page. Select Save to save the opportunity and easily access it on your SAVED page. Click on the organization's name to Follow it (see Step 6 below), visit its website, or view more of its opportunities.
Continue to search opportunities by selecting NEXT in the upper right-hand corner. At the bottom of each opportunity's title, you’ll see which tags, or search term labels, have been applied to it. Click on any tag to see similar opportunities. Select the X in the top right or click anywhere outside the details screen to exit this view.
4. To search for opportunities by tags, click the search bar and enter a tag, such as science-fiction or anthology. To remove a tag from your search, click the X next to the tag.
5. To view calls starting from a specific deadline, click Jump to below the search bar and select a date.
6. Once you’ve begun following organizations with open calls (see Step 3 above), view these organizations' calls by clicking the Following button below the search bar. You can also go to your FOLLOWING page to see the organizations you're following. Click on any organization to see its upcoming calls.
7. To clear all filters from your search, click the Clear filters button.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.