Internal fields are available for a fee to accounts at the Premier Annual level and above. To add this feature to your account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Add an Internal Field
1. In your Categories page, click Add Category or click the name of an existing category for which you'd like to add an internal field.
2. In the Form Designer tab, drag and drop your preferred internal field to your form. All fields can be made internal except for the Title, Cover Letter, Text Block, Table, Horizontal Line, and Reference Letter fields. Fields that control form logic also cannot be made internal.
3. Make your desired edits to the field. Then, check the Internal checkbox.
4. Make any other edits you'd like. Click Save Category.
How to Edit an Internal Field
5. After you receive submissions to the category, you can edit the internal field by clicking on the appropriate submission in the Submissions list.
6. On the Submission Details page, click the edit button to the right of the internal field.
7. Enter your desired information into the field.
8. Click Update Field. Reviewers will now be able to see the data you entered in the internal field. You can edit the field again at any time following the steps above.
9. If you'd like to make the internal field viewable by the submitter, go back to the Form Designer and uncheck the Internal checkbox for that field. Then, click Save Category. Note that this will make the internal field viewable by all submitters for your category.
10. Data from internal fields is included in submission data exports. Read more about exporting submission data in our help article.
Interested in adding internal fields to your account? Contact us at email@example.com.