When an email is sent to a special email address for your organization, a submission will be created and stored in a category named Email Submissions. Any files attached to the email will be saved as part of the submission. Please note that this feature is only available to Premier and Enterprise plan customers at this time.
a) Email Submissions into a General Email Submissions Category
1. To have emailed submissions sent to a general "Email Submissions" category, you (or your organization's webmaster) can create a form on your website in which submissions will be sent to an email address with the format:
For example: email@example.com
b) Email Submissions Into An Existing Submission Category
1. To email submissions directly into an existing submission category, include the CategoryID in the email address by using the format:
2. Find the email address for a particular submission category by going to the Categories tab of the main navigation bar and clicking on the link icon located to the right of a submission category name.
For example: firstname.lastname@example.org
c) Optional Tags To Include In Email Body
1. To forward an email and have the submission saved into a Submittable account for an author (rather than saved under the sender's name), use the #email tag:
#email:<submitter's email address>
For example, place the line below in the email body text to save the submission into an account associated with email address email@example.com:
As the submission is being created, the system will check to see if there is already an account for the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. If the account exists, the submission will be added to that account. If an existing account for email@example.com is not found, one will be created. The part of the email address before the @ sign will be used for the submitter's name.
2. To specify a submitter's name for the newly created account, include #name in the body of the email:
For example, including the line below in the email body text will save the submission in an account with the name Laurie Pace:
#labels: <label name>,< label name>
For example, #labels:First Round will add the label First Round to the submission.
#labels:First Round, Holy Cow will add the labels First Round and Holy Cow to the submission.