This feature benefits both the organization and the submitter. It lessens team member workload by allowing submitters to add, replace, or delete files attached to a submission and to edit their submission form field entries.
For example, an organization can ask the submitter to make specific edits to a manuscript. The submitter can replace or add a new manuscript version to an existing submission. Or, when a submitter makes a mistake in a submission, the submitter can request that the organization open the submission for editing.
Have you received an email request from a submitter that you wish to allow editing for?
If you have turned on the ability to receive edit requests from submitters and have received an email request from a submitter, the notification email will include a link you can click to take you directly to the submission's Details page. If you have not received an email request from the submitter but still want to open it for editing, simply find the submission in your Submissions tab and click on its name to go to its Submission Details page.
1. To open the submission for editing, click the status drop down menu at the top of the Submission Details page. Select Open Editing.
2. A dialog box will open. Select a Response Template to send to the submitter, type a message, or leave the email message blank.
3. Choose the From email address and optionally add an Internal Note.
4. Click the MARK AS EDITABLE and Send Response(s) button.
The submitter will receive a notification email and be directed to their interface to edit the submission (below). The edit button for each form field is on the right-hand side of the screen.
When the submitter is finished making edits, he or she will click the Mark as Done and Close To Editing button.
The organization will receive an email notification stating that the submission was closed for editing by the submitter. The submission will no longer be highlighted in blue in the Submissions List, and the submission status will change from Editable to In Progress.
How to Mark a Batch of Submissions As Editable
To make multiple submissions open for editing, follow the steps below:
1. In your Submissions tab, select one or more submissions by clicking the check box(es) on the left-hand side of the screen.
2. Click the light blue Open for Editing button at the top of the submissions list.
3. A dialog box will open. Select a Response Template to populate the email message sent to the submitter, or type a message.
4. Choose the From email address and optionally add an Internal Note.
5. Click the blue MARK AS EDITABLE and Send Response button.
The editable submission row will be highlighted in blue and the submission status will be changed to Editable.
Find Submissions Open for Editing
To locate submissions in your Submissions tab that are currently open for editing, open the Search Filters panel by clicking the Show Search Filters button at the top of the submissions list. Select Editable from the Status dropdown list and click the black Filter Results button.
Close a Submission to Editing
To close a submission for editing prior to the Submitter marking the submission Done and Closed To Editing, open the submission from the Submissions List to view the submission's Details page. Click the status drop down at the top of the screen and select Close Editing. Choosing any other option (Accept, Decline, Mark Completed, Withdraw) will also close the submission to editing.
Have a question or concern? Contact email@example.com or call (855) 467-8264 ext 2.