This feature is available for videos, animated GIFs, audio files, text files, PDFs, and for image submissions that are JPG, TIFF, GIF, or PNG files.
The Gallery View feature can be added to any account for an additional fee. To sign up for Gallery View, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To set up Gallery View, follow these steps:
1) In your Categories page, click the name of an existing category for which you'd like to enable Gallery View or click Add Category to create a new category.
2) In your General Settings tab, check the Enable Gallery View checkbox. Click Save Category and Keep editing to save and view your Gallery View features in the General Settings tab.
3) By default, all submissions for this category will be displayed in your gallery. If you would like to show only certain submissions, click on the dropdown menu beneath the Enable Gallery View checkbox and select a label of your choice. All submissions for this category that you label with your selected label will show in your gallery.
4) If you would like to allow voting for submissions that appear in your Gallery View, check the Enable Voting in Gallery View checkbox. Anyone with a Submittable account and the link to your Gallery View webpage will be able to vote on your Gallery View submissions.
5) If you'd like to validate user email addresses before the user can vote in Gallery View, check the box that states, Checking this box will require users have a valid email address before voting. Voters will be sent an email containing a link they must click to validate their email address. See more info in step 3 below.
6) Click the Form Designer tab. To display specific form field data in Gallery View, check the Gallery View checkbox in your preferred fields. The form fields that can be displayed in Gallery View include the Cover Letter, Text Box, Text Area, Dropdown, Checkbox, Checkbox List, Radio List, URL, and File Upload fields.
7) When you're finished making any other preferred edits to your category, click Save Category.
To view your Gallery View webpage, follow these steps:
1) If you've chosen to display only submissions that have a specific label (see step 3 above), go to your Submissions List or Submission Details pages and label the submissions you want to display. You can also use our auto-labels feature to automatically label submissions based on the answer a submitter gives in your submission form. If you did not choose a specific label in step 3 above, then all submissions in your specified category will display in Gallery View by default.
2) Go to your Categories page and click the paperclip icon next to the name of the category containing the submissions you want displayed. Click the link under Direct link to the Gallery View for this category. (Note: You can also find the Gallery View webpage link on the General Settings tab when editing your category. Click on Shareable link to your Gallery View in the Enable Gallery View section.)
3) If you've enabled Gallery View voting (see step 4 above), any visitor to your gallery will be able to vote on a submission by clicking on the submission to view it, then clicking the thumbs up button on the submission. Visitors must be logged in to or create a Submittable account before they can vote on a submission. To help preserve the integrity of the voting process, you may choose to require email validation before a vote will be counted (see step 5 above). Submittable validates voter email addresses by sending voters an email containing a link they must click to validate their email address. Here's an example of a validation email:
Thanks for using Submittable. Our records show you've created a Submittable account for email@example.com. Please click the following link to validate your email address:
SubmittableNote: If a visitor has logged into Submittable using Facebook, they will not receive a validation email, since Facebook has already validated the address.
4) If the visitor has voted and wants to remove his or her vote, then he or she can simply click on the thumbs up button again.
5) To view the files within a submission, click on the submission. Click on a file to view or play it. If there are multiple files in the submission, click the left and right < > arrow buttons to navigate between the files. Only video, image, and animated GIF files will show in the Gallery View, though in the future, all file types will show. In addition, any form field data that you have specified as being viewable in Gallery View (see step 5 above) will show below the images in the public Submission Details page. Note: Currently, visitors can only vote for an entire submission, rather than for individual files within a submission.
6) To go back to the general Gallery View webpage, click the X button in the upper-right-hand corner of the public Submission Details page.
To download a CSV file of your gallery view voters, follow these steps:
1) Go to your Categories page and click the name of the specific Category.
2) In the General Settings tab, scroll down to the Enable Voting in Gallery View section. Click the Download list of voters link. (Note: This link will only appear if you've received at least one vote in your Gallery View.)
3) You'll immediately download a CSV file containing your Gallery View voting data, including Submission IDs, Submission Titles, and voter information.
Questions or interested in adding Gallery View to your account plan? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.