Talentd lets you create custom email responses for most actions involving interactions with candidates. For example, you may want to create a response template acknowledging receipt of a candidate's application, asking a candidate to meet for an interview, or informing candidates that a position has been filled.
1. To create a new response template, click on the Settings tab in the main navigation bar. Select Response Templates.
2. In the Response Templates page, click Create New Response Template.
3. In the Create New Response Template form, enter a Template Title. The title is a label for the template, such as a Filled Position Template. This title will not be seen by the recipient of the message.
4. Enter the Template Body text. You can use valid placeholder tags where you want them. For example:
Dear [SubmitterFirstName] [SubmitterLastName],
Thank you for applying for the [JobTitle] position at [OrganizationName]. We appreciate your interest, but have filled this position. Good luck in your search. Best regards,
If this template is chosen when declining an application submitted by James Joyce for an Administrative Assistant position at Optometry Inc. Missoula, the email that is sent will look like this:
Dear James Joyce,
Thank you for applying for the Administrative Assistant position at Optometry Inc. Missoula. We appreciate your interest, but have filled this position. Good luck in your search.
Best regards, Jane Smith
Notice that the candidate's name, job title, your organization name, staff name, and website were all automatically filled in with the correct information when the email is sent.
6. Here is a list of valid placeholder tags:
[SubmitterFirstName] - First name of the candidate
[SubmitterLastName] - Last name of the candidate
[StaffFirstName] - First name of the logged in staff member
[StaffLastName] - Last name of the logged in staff member
[OrganizationName] - The name of your organization
[OrganizationWebSite] - Your website URL
?[JobTitle] - Title of the job opening
[DetailsLink] - Direct link to the candidate's view for this application
[LoginLink] - Direct link to the login page
7. Click Save Template.