As an editor, you can't edit a candidate's file directly in Talentd. However, you can save it to Google Drive and edit it there.
1. When viewing a candidate's application in the Candidate Details page, if you have level 4 or 5 permissions, youll see a menu item under the gear icon in the upper left-hand corner of the screen, that says Save to Google Drive. Select this option.
2. A new window will open, and Google will prompt you to allow Talentd access.
3. Once you agree, Google opens the file in the edit mode for text and preview mode for any other format. You can instantly begin editing the document at that point.
4. You can then share this document with anyone on your staff using Google's built-in sharing.
After the resume has been exported, the rest of your staff will see an Open in Google Drive menu item instead of Save to Google Drive under the gear icon. When they click this:
1) If they're already logged into Google, they will immediately have access to viewing or editing the document (depending on the permissions you gave them).
2) If they aren't logged into Google, they will be prompted to log in before they can access the document.
This feature is the first step toward collaboratively editing within Talentd. Similar features for Dropbox users are forthcoming in the near future.
We're very interested in how this feature will be used. If you have ideas on making it better or criticisms, please let us know by emailing email@example.com or post them to our Feature Suggestion forum.